Millets & Flour
Organic Bajra Flour/Pearl Millet 1Kg
Benefits of Jivitas Roots organic Bajra Flour/Pearl Millet
- Good for diabetic diet – Bajra/Pearl millets contain carbohydrates that are digested slowly and maintain a stable glucose level for a long period. This makes them a healthy food option for diabetics.
- Beneficial for heart health – Rich in dietary fibres and cholesterol-lowering properties of these grains are good for heart patients.
- Beneficial for people with frequent acidity and stomach ulcers – Bajra/Pearl millets are one of the few foods which reduce the acidity of the stomach thereby limiting ulcer formation and discomfort due to frequent bouts of acidity.
- Prevents Constipation- Benefits of bajra include promoting good gut health. In simpler terms, consuming the pearl millets will make sure you keep constipation at a distance. The reason behind this is the presence of insoluble fibre in bajra.
- Provides protein to vegetarians- Those who are vegetarians cannot get the needed protein from meat and fish products. This is where pearl millets come in. The health benefits of bajra include its ability to provide the required protein to vegetarians as well. Bajra flour becomes complete when it is combined with seeds like rajma, moong dal, chana dal, etc.
- Lowers Blood pressure- Bajra is known for its richness in potassium which is needed for those with high blood pressure. Consuming more foods rich in potassium will help flush out sodium from your body, which in turn will reduce blood pressure.
- Makes bone stronger – The high phosphorus content of bajra helps in making your bones stronger.
- Lowers cholesterol- Pearl millets contain an adequate amount of good fat which is the desired quality of food for high cholesterol patients.
- Nutritious baby food – Pearl millets are easily digested and well tolerated by little ones which make them a mandatory ingredient for baby food preparations during the weaning period and even later on.
- Rich in antioxidants – Lessens free radical damage in the body and prevents early ageing, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, cardiovascular diseases, and aids in wound healing.
- Ideal for weight management and obesity.
- A healthy choice of food for pregnant women and nursing mothers due to iron and folic acid contents.
Organic Jowar Flour 1Kg
Jivitas Roots Organic Jowar flour Benefits
- Gluten-free : Jowar, a gluten-free whole grain, is considered an excellent alternative for people who suffer from ‘gluten intolerance’.
- Jowar Rich in Fiber: Compared to other cereal grains like barley or rice, jowar contains a much higher concentration of fibre. A single serving contains over 12 grams, which is almost half the recommended daily intake for fibre. A high-fibre diet lowers the risk of obesity, stroke, high blood pressure, cardiac disease, diabetes, and digestive problems.
- Jowar Controls Blood Sugar Levels: Jowar is a complex carbohydrate that digests slowly. As a result, it leads to stable blood sugar levels. Hence, it is a great diet choice for diabetics and people who want to lose weight.
- Jowar High in Protein: 100 grams of Jowar provides 11 grams of protein, which supplies the body with energy and aids in cell regeneration.
- Full of Iron: Jowar contains 8.45 mg of iron in every cup. Since the iron in jowar is non-heme (difficult to absorb), pairing it with a source of Vitamin C will give you the maximum benefit.
- Jowar Good for Bone Health: Because it contains high magnesium levels, jowar helps maintain calcium levels in the body (magnesium increases calcium absorption).
- Packed with Vitamins, Minerals, and Micronutrients: It contains B vitamins, which help the body build new tissues and cells and potassium and phosphorus. Additionally, Jowar contains traces of zinc, copper, and over 20 micronutrients and high levels of antioxidants.
- Jowar Helps Weight Loss: Jowar has a much higher concentration of dietary fibre when compared to other cereal grains. This high fibre content ensures higher satiety levels, lowering consumption by keeping hunger pangs at bay. Therefore, the fibre content in Jowar reduces your appetite, making it the ideal whole grain option for weight loss.
- Jowar Improves Digestive System: The high dietary fibre content in Jowar also helps improve digestion. The fibre is a bulking agent that helps stool pass smoothly through the digestive tract. The whole grain helps improve digestive health and helps to treat conditions like diarrhoea, bloating, stomach ache and constipation.
- Jowar Improves Heart Health: The abundance of fibre in jowar helps lower LDL (or bad cholesterol) levels in the body, thus reducing the risk of a heart attack. The cholesterol-lowering properties of jowar also reduce the chances of hindered blood flow, arteriosclerosis and plaque formation.
- Jowar Boosts Blood Circulation: Iron and copper are two essential minerals found in Jowar. These minerals come together to play a vital role in improving the body’s blood circulation. Iron is crucial to developing red blood cells in the body, while copper helps enhance iron absorption in the body. Thus, consuming the grain helps improve the development of red blood cells.
ORGANIC KODO MILLET 1Kg
Benefits of Jivitas Roots Organic Kodo Millets
· Aids in Weight Loss: Millets of all kinds top the list of those hoping to lose those extra kilos. Kodo, a great alternative for rice and wheat serves the purpose, as it triggers metabolic activity, fights against metabolic syndrome especially in the adolescent boys and girls thus aiding in shedding that stubborn fat in and around the waist, abdomen and hips.
· Controls Diabetes: If you are a diabetic, it’s time to switch over to millets. Bring in kodo millets in your regular diet plan for averting those sudden spikes in the levels of blood sugar and also to elevate the levels of insulin. According to studies, Kodo millet significantly reduces glycated haemoglobin levels, triggers production of liver glycogen, stimulating instant levels of energy in diabetics.
· Fights Chronic Ailments: Kodo millets are an impressive source of powerful antioxidants. The phenolic extracts in this tiny millet reduce LDL or bad cholesterol, keep heart healthy, bring down blood pressure levels and prevent various other chronic conditions. These antioxidants also act against free radicals causing damage to the cells, tissues thus preventing various types of cancers.
· Heart Healthy: Regular consumption of Kodo millets not only keeps this vital organ healthy but also brings down the levels of bad cholesterol, regulate blood pressure, fight anxiety and keep you happy, all thanks to the presence of protein, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
· Heals Wounds: Kodo millet is a time-tested home remedy for healing external wounds. Mix one spoon of fresh Kodo millet flour with water and apply it on the affected area on the skin to alleviate pain and also to accelerate the process of healing.
- Gluten-free – Great for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Easy to digest.
- Rich in antioxidants like polyphenols.
- Rich in dietary fiber.
- Good source of vitamins
Organic Ragi Flour 1Kg
Jivitas Roots Organic Ragi Flour/Finger Millet benefits
- High Protein: Eleusinian is the major protein content that is found in ragi and has a lot of biological value. This protein helps prevent malnutrition and is considered to be a healthy source of protein for vegetarians.
- Natural Weight Loss Agent: Ragi has high amounts of fibre in it that keeps your stomach full and stops you from unwanted cravings. This helps in weight loss. It reduces the level of blood sugar in your body and turns it into insulin. Ragi is best suited when you consume it in the morning. Ragi contains a type of amino acid called Tryptophan that helps you lose weight. Tryptophan reduces your appetite and thus you don’t feel hungry often.
- Prevents your Skin from Ageing: Ragi is a natural skincare agent and an anti-ageing cereal. Important amino acids like Methionine and Lysine are present in ragi that protects your skin from risks of rashes, wrinkles and skin dullness. The antioxidants found in ragi fight stress in your body that help reverse the signs of ageing. It rejuvenates the skin cells, thus making you look fresh and healthy.Ragi also has Vitamin E, which is very useful for your skin. Vitamin E acts as a natural assistant for body wounds. This help lubricates the skin, forming a protective layer that enables your skin to grow.
- Ragi is Good for your Hair: Ragi is rich in proteins and helps prevent hair loss. It is highly recommended for people suffering from hair loss. Your hair requires a lot of protein because hair itself is made of protein. Keratin is the main protein found in your hair. Lack of protein can lead to loss of hair and if you begin consuming ragi, it will strengthen your hair and reduce hair fall.Ragi is also said to prevent premature greying of hair. This is usually caused due to the oxidation of tissues, and the antioxidants present in ragi will effectively prevent the damage to tissues, thereby, reducing the possibility of having grey hair. Magnesium content can be found in ragi that is responsible for controlling hair loss. Ragi also increases blood circulation in your body that helps in hair growth.
- Ragi has loads of Calcium: There is no cereal that comes close to the amount of calcium available in ragi. Calcium is needed for human bones to develop and prevents osteoporosis, meaning bones become weak and fragile. So instead of popping calcium pills, it is recommended that you drink ragi porridge (ragi kanji). 100 grams of ragi consists of 344 milligrams of calcium which is high and very good for your bones.
- Prevents Diabetes: Regular consumption of ragi can help reduce your risk of diabetes. This is because polyphenols and dietary fibres are prevalent in ragi. Ragi has huge amounts of fibre when compared to other whole wheat grains. Consuming ragi on a regular basis lowers the level of blood sugar and stabilises your sugar level. Ragi acts as an absorbent such that it absorbs starch and lowers the digestibility of your body. This is why most people who consume ragi don’t feel hungry very often.
- Good Digestion: The dietary fibre present in ragi helps your intestines digest food smoothly. Ragi improves the movement of food in your body, such that, it smoothens the flow of food through your intestines and retains the water in your body for the purpose of waste excretion. Thus ragi is a highly nutritional cereal and helps you maintain good health